Sunday 2 May 2010

Bank Holiday Blues

So what do us Brits usually do over a Bank Holiday? Well, lets face it, its bound to be raining so its usually a spot of DIY to pass the time.

We've been doing a spot of DIY in our house today which turned out ok, what I didnt plan on was loosing my nails!

Now, considering I was (past tense) a nail biter since I first had teeth until I went to Uni, having to sit and file down my nails this evening has traumatised me greatly. I have spent a lot of time, effort, not to mention money in getting those little babies to grow long and strong. OPI Nail Envy, Nails Inc Kensington Gardens growth treatment and Nails Inc A&E - you name it, I've tried it.

In all honesty looking at them as I type, they are in no way reminicient of my nail biting days. They are just shorter than I'd like and it was probably my own fault as they were "naked" today. Stupid me! They broke whilst hauling bits of broken bed around our flat and out to the car *sniff, sniff*

Partially the reason I am so gutted, is that I am expecting a delivery of Konad nail stamping goodies (courtesey of Ebay) any day now. And I was desperate to try out the plates for the funky french manicure. I have no idea what it will look like now my nails are shorter, just hope that if I keep slapping on the growth and strenthening treatments that I will be able to fully road test the plates soon. I'm sure some of the plates I ordered will suit shorter style nails. Will obviously report back.

Its just typical isnt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...