Wednesday 26 May 2010

Konad. You know, I think its love!


Well, after much faff I got my (official) Konad kit together and started experimenting! (Pics courtesy of The Boy, who is a very patient man and puts up with me and my craziness. Thank You! x)

First attempt; I'm a Tiger, hear me roar - I already had on the InStyle/Nails Inc colour in Beach (a lovely vibrant coral) on my nails and I was desperate to try out the M57 plate. This includes some animal prints and a fishnet pattern, all of which I was dying to try. I used Special Konad polish in white and began stamping.  You can see from the pic that I made a mess of a few nails, but on the whole I was pleased with the result. Not bad for a first go!



Second attempt; - Boudoir - for my second experiment I chose the Nails Inc/Diet Coke shade in London, mainly as I wanted a colour that was almost flesh tone, to show of the fishnet pattern.  I used a dark purple Special Konad polish, but to be honest its so dark, you'd think it was black.  This pic was taken before a slight clean up operation around the nails and obviously, I made a slight cock up on the little finger (mainly), but not so bad I wanted to take it all off and start again. Imperfection I can live with and do on a daily basis. This is my (current) favourite!


Third attempt; Girlie Vamp - I went with a base colour of Blackest Black by Revlon and the Konad Special polish in white to create this look.  You know, I think this is my least favourite of them all.  Nic thinks its because its too girlie for me and she's probably right. In her words, I like the vampy look (yeah, that's vampy not trampy!!).  I cant remember what plate this is. But I found that the designs on the french tip plates are quite wide and I have quite a small nail bed.  As you can see from the pic, the bow just about fitted on my little finger, so for me the design was a little obscured. I will try and get pretty hands, elegant fingers and wide nail beds in my next life!


Fourth attempt; Game for anything! - This is how I look this evening. Yeah, I know its lazy, but I painted over the whole design above with Rimmel Black Pearl. Then as I was hard pushed for time, I used the Konad Special white polish and the M57 plate (I love this one!!).  It looks a bit like a Zebra.Simple and quite striking.  I think that I'm getting the hang of it.  Hopefully I'll have another go over the Bank Holiday weekend, when I have a little more time to play about.  Need a few jolts of creative inspiration, so feel free to suggest some ideas/colour combos to me.

Right enough post bathtime blogging..  I'm off to dry this hair before it turns into a crazy 70's afro ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...