Monday 3 May 2010

Money saving dupes?

Just been doing the usual and trawling through my favourite Youtubers videos.  I've been watching a filthygorgeousmakeup tutorial on Lilac and Lavender eyes, which was a really pretty look.  Apart from the lovely make-up, my beady eyes did notice that she used the ELF Studio Blush And Bronzer Compact which is apparently a dupe for NARS Laguna Bronzer and Orgasm Blusher duo.

 Now, I have neither the NARS or ELF products to compare them, but they do look pretty similar, even down to the packaging! Hmmm they do say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.  When looking at the price points, I can honestly say that I would be more likely to purchase the ELF product at £3.50,  than the NARS one at £28.50.

  Considering I have fair skin and I'm reasonably scared of looking over-cooked with bronzer, I really wouldn't want to waste £30 on a product that I wasn't totally sure I would use (although I have been totally guilty of that in the past. Who hasn't done that before though, right?? Somebody? Anybody?).  I think I may have to make some purchases in the line of duty (of course!) and re-evaluate.

What other product dupes are you aware of? And more importantly, which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...