Monday 26 July 2010

To Love and Loathe

I don't know what is up with me at the moment, feeling very uninspired! So I thought I might go through a few things that I'm loving and loathing at the moment.

I LOVE...
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.  I got it just before my BIG birthday and so far, I am loving it! 
  • Jo Malone fragrance.  I was treated to the gorgeous Pomegranate Noir fragrance chronicles from Nic and the Lime Basil and Mandarin cologne from my friend Lorna for my birthday.  I feel as though I should be wearing a white coat and goggles, when I'm creating my very own bespoke fragrance. Its all a bit scientific, but lots of fun.  Its such a unique thing to do and I like the fact that I can alter the fragrance blend depending on my mood.  I'm also loving the arm massage vouchers that came with Lorna's pressie.  Cant wait to be pampered!!
  • MAC Stereo Rose MSF. Need I say more?!? 
  • Urban Decay eye-shadow in Sin.  I use this pretty much every day.  I'm nearly out, so I will seriously need to get my mitts on the single shadow.  Or, I'll just have to wait until Urban Decay launch the Naked palette. Another item to add to my lust list.  Roll on September.

I LOATHE...
  • Nails Inc polish in Lancaster Gate.  Its the hot pink polish, with a touch of iridescence running through it.  I think the colour is really lovely, although not very me! But I thought I'd brave it and used it for my manicure last night.  On first application, I loved it. Glossy, opaque, fantastic!  After a while, I noticed that it had dried matte, which confused me greatly.  I applied a second coat, same thing happened.  So I thought I'd finish with a top coat of OPI Nail Envy - and it still looks matte!! Its also chipped after less than 24 hours.  Needless to say I'm not a fan of this particular colour/finish.  I had hoped to love it, but it was not to be...
  • Elemis Pro Radiance cream cleanser. This came as part of a set from QVC and I was excited to give it a try.  Its not the best cleanser I've ever used and its certainly not the worst. Its got a nice creamy consistency, has a pleasant smell and it does the job of cleansing the skin adequately.  It does seem to have taken the lead somewhat from Liz Earle's iconic Cleanse and Polish! Even down to the pump top packaging.  However, because of the ambivalence I have shown to this product, it seems to be determined to hang around FOREVER and that is my main reason why it falls into the loathe category.  I wouldn't mind if it was a product that I thought was fab, on the contrary, I'd be positively delighted that it was so economical.  But I can't seem to get rid of it. And trust me, I'm trying! I don't want to throw it out or give it away, I just want it to end!!!  Safe to say, its not something that I will consider repurchasing.  If bought alone, its in the region of £27.  I think I'd rather have Cleanse & Polish and to be honest, I wasn't that fussed with that either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...