Monday 11 October 2010

My Change4Life & the Beauty Bloggers Christmas Weightloss Challenge


Today was the day, when I finally got a kick up the bum and decided to make a Change4Life.

  I've been really inspired by reading blogs and tweets about Bloggers weight loss.  Lipglossiping, Big Fashionista and BeautyMaze are all having AMAZING results on their respective programmes and I have really wanted to get in on the action.

  However, it wasn't until this morning when The Bristol Beauty Blog tweeted and blogged about the "Beauty Bloggers Christmas Weightloss Challenge" that it really caught my attention.  The premise is to loose half a stone (ie 7lbs) in 8 weeks before Christmas.  I instantly thought "I can do that!". It's a sensible, achievable amount of weight over a set period and if done right, it's likely to stay off. To be honest, I'm hoping I might loose more. But half a stone is a realistic goal!

I have to say, I'm loathe to use the word "diet".  It just conjure's up images of failure in my mind.  So I am not going on a diet, I am making a Change4Life.  The NHS website for Change4Life is packed with really useful information on making positive life choices and increasing exercise. It has tips for families and adults alike. Their by-line is Eat Well. Move More. Live Longer, so here I am.  I am signing up to the "Beauty Bloggers Christmas Weightloss Challenge".  I am going to make healthier food choices and aim to increase my activity levels and see what happens. 

 I dont own scales, so I am taking myself off to Boots tomorrow to weigh myself.   I wont be sharing that dreaded number with you all.  Sorry, but I am super self conscious at the best of times.  What I will do is update you on is my progress and any fantastic tips I pick up along the way. Feel free to join in and offer any tips or recipes that I can try.

Besides The Bristol Beauty Blog, other bloggers signed up to this virtual weight loss support group are:

Gidders1 (via Twitter) 


Here's to a brighter, lighter future!  

Ladies, best of luck :)
X

6 comments:

  1. Good luck hun and glad to have you on board. Definately think 7lbs by December is achievable and like you say if done slowly it's more likely to stay off! Woohoo!
    I'm self concious about my weight too so I'm just going to post how much I've lost each week. Looking forward to this and it's nice to have some support! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Want me to add you to the list?! Make sure you let The Bristol Beauty Blog know too. Then we can keep track of everyone and their progress ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Real Girls Beauty. I think its easier when you have the support of others. We're in it together kid. Good luck to you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and good luck! 7lbs is definitely achievable before Christmas and if you need any motivation or a whinge, tweet me anytime. I'll be looking forward to all your updates x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely achievable - I'm with you all the way. Can one lose inches rather than pounds? I'd be up for that and it would be a challenge. Axx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...