Friday 31 December 2010

Winter Skin Saviour - Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream


Like most places in the UK, Liverpool has been under a blanket of snow for over the past week (actually at the point I am posting this, it's all gone - Thank god!!).  Last Tuesday, we recorded the lowest temperature in the whole of the UK, it was -17 degrees c, colder than Moscow!! 

As you can imagine, the extreme cold weather coupled with my agonising 3 hour commute each way to work  (which usually takes 30 minutes) and back has left my skin in a bit of a state. Sore, dry and incredibly tight.  My skin was not happy with the current weather and boy did it let me know about it.

  Imagine how delighted I was to hear Nic from Pixiwoo  recommending Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream  in a recent video, as her winter skin saviour. Nic has got fantastic clear skin, although I believe her's leans towards the dry side.  Whereas mine is most certainly combination.  Either way, her skin looked so flawless and calm that I decided to give it a whirl. You can view the video here . Actually, I just noticed that Sam is also using the same cream and uses it in a 5 minute face tutorial that you can view here. Anything that can make my skin look as good as the Pixiwoo girls, has got to be worth a shot.


I purchased Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream  from Boots and it cost about £7.99. The texture is somewhere between a cream and gel. It emulsifies quickly into the skin, leaving soft, smooth finish.  Given that I have combination skin, I have mainly been using this at night and randomly throughout the day while I've been at home.  Thankfully, my skin no longer resembles a crocodile. Shame I have to go back to work next week really, but I hope that my commute will be shorter and that my skin won't get into the same angry, painful state as it was in.




Thank you Sam and Nic for introducing me to another great product. Do you have a winter skin saviour?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Oilatum! I heard about it from Pixiwoo, as well. I think I'll have to buy it online, since I'm in the U.S.

    I'm using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, right now. It's really nice, but not as moisturizing as I need right now. In the summer, I suspect it would work just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, you can get it online then!? Seems that everything I seem to want from from the States, cant/wont be shipped internationally! (damn you Sephora US!!!) I certainly think that it has helped my skin feel less tight and more comfortable. Then again, it has warmed up a little here.

    I got a small size of Dramatically Different in June when I was in the States and I actually quite liked it. I'm not usually a fan of Clinique skincare. If you can get your hands on this, that will be great. or what about something from Origins? Something like 'Have a Nice Day' or 'Mega Mushroom', both of those are really moisturising. Afraid I dont know what to suggest by way of US drugstore alternatives though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally purchased this yesterday, online...after a bit of a search that would actually ship Oilatum internationally, as I'm in the US. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Misty! It's really cleared up the dry patches on my cheeks. Where did you find that shipped to the US? x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...