Sunday 9 January 2011

Elemis Sparkling Beauty Collection






So, if anyone follows me on Twitter (@LeanneOCD) they will know that I was literally chomping at the bit to recieve my very first order from ASOS.  And this is what I was waiting for.  Elemis introduced the limited edition 'Sparkling Beauty' collection in support of Breast Cancer Care.  Nic and I were in John Lewis and noticed it had been reduced in their post Christmas sale to £37 - which to be fair was a bargain.  But then I came home and foud it for £30 on ASOS. Result!



The collection includes;

  • Elemis Eau de Parfum (4ml)
  • Pro-Collagen Marine Cream (30ml)
  • Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules (14 caps)
  • Pro-Collagen Lifiting Treatment Neck and Bust (15ml)
  • Visable Brilliance (10ml)


I've previously used and loved Pro-Collagen Marine Cream but the one thing I am really excited about using is the Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules. I think January is the perfect time to try these out. You use the pink Rose capsules in the morning and the green Lavender ones before bed. and this will provide you with a 7 day course of treatment.

  Elemis state that the capsules contain Moringa Oil, which has 1700% more anti-oxidant power than Evening Primrose Oil.  These little pearls are supposed to help reduce the signs of ageing and counteract the damaging effects of pollution.  I'm not sure about all that. But I can tell you that I have found my skin to be incredibly soft and nourished after use.  It's been a real indulgence for me to use the oil for a bit of facial massage each day.

The 7 day's worth of capsules in this kit is going to be a bit of a tester for me, as the full size of the capsules cost in the region of £58 (60caps). Although they are not meant to be used constantly, they are the perfect boost for stressed Winter skin, or perhaps in the run up to a special occassion.  I'll see if I can see any dramatic difference before I part with that kind of money though.

I'm also interested to see how the Visable Brilliance serum works out.  Elemis says that it will energise dull, fatigued and stressed skin.  Who doesn't need this in January!?!

Do you have any favourite products from Elemis?

5 comments:

  1. I will be interested to see how you get on with these Leanne, I got 2 (yes 2) of the Elemis TSV because of the bargaineousness ( I have made up a word and I don't care!) of the deal forgetting that I find Elemis a bit too highly fragranced for my reactive skin, but so far so good. Have been interested in the capsules for a while. Please update. Great bargain. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. TSV's cannot be beaten really. I dont blame you at all. Its sooooo worth it for the PCMC alone. I've got a post coming up about the December TSV (with the Melting Cleanser), is that the one that you have?

    I did wonder if I could order the Bliss capsules from QVC and if they didnt work, send them back. But this kit seemed to be a win/win for me. Will report back. Promise! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the perfume in Selfridges before xmas and whilst Steve wasn't a fan I loved it, so much so that I might just purchase for my own enjoyment at some point in the future when we are stony broke! Will be interested to know how you get on with the capsules. Clearly am suffering from brain fade as for one minute I thought you swallowed them.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That just reminded me, I asked The Boy to pass me a capsule and he said, there are no capsules here, just a green fish. Made me giggle anyway. ;o)

    I'm emailing you...
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops just re-read my post, meant to say "when we aren't stony broke"!!
    They do look like little fish!
    And thank you so much for the donation of the EDP, you are a honey x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...