Monday 15 August 2011

Boots/Macmillan Offer


I popped  into Boots on Friday and noticed that they have teamed up with Macmillan to help you give as you spend

 At the moment, Boots have a range of toiletries on offer for a quid.  Yes, that's correct, one measly pound.   When you buy any of the selected products, they will kindly donate 5p to Macmillan with each purchase.  
  
Whilst I know that is not a massive donation per product purchased, it is something! And we all know that every little helps (sorry Tesco - but it seemed appropriate here!).   I was going to buy shower gel anyway.  So to donate money to a very worthwhile Cancer charity on my behalf is an added bonus in my eyes.  Macmillan is a charity supporting Cancer sufferers and their families.  Providing invaluable support and information at a time when they need it most.  I particularly appreciate the ethos of caring for people in their own home.  Having seen first hand, the fabulous Macmillan Nurses in action, I will do anything I can to support them. 

I picked up
  • Original Source Men - XXX Shower Gel
  • Original Source Chocolate and Mint Shower Gel
  • Original Source Vanilla Milk and Raspberry Shower Cream
  • Original Source Vanilla and Cocoa Bath Soak
  • Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Hand Wash
  • 2 Sure Anti-Perspirant (Clear Diamond Crystal and Cotton)

So I pretty much stuck to Original Source products, but there are plenty of other brand's who are involved in this project such as Lynx, Herbal Essences and Dove to name but a few.

If you need a refill on your essentials, why not pop into Boots to grab a bargain and help Macmillan in the process.  

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Vanilla bath soak, and the Vanilla Milk and Raspberry shower cream. Might check how low we are on toiletries so I can sneak some into the bathroom.

    Tesco really did get the best slogan, didn't they? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, bargain products and helping an amazing cause at the same time i will be getting some of these too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness i need that chocolate and mint shower gel. The original source really need to stop making such nice sounding shower gels!! All for a good cause too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...