Sunday 11 September 2011

Belated August Favourites


I thought I might do a quick belated post on my August's Favourites.  There are products that you find yourself reaching for, they are not the most exciting, luxurious items.  But they are the products you depend on, on a daily basis. Here are a few of mine, that I have relied on in August.
  • La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution - I really like this solution for taking of my make up at the end of the day.  It's free from a lot of chemical nasties and really gets the job done without stripping your skin.  This can be used on face and eyes without any problems/reactions.  I'll certainly be re-purchasing.
  • Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream/stick (both pictured) - I use the iconic 8 hour cream every single day.  I put some on my lips while I'm getting ready and let it sink in while I do my make up.  It's pricey, but it seems to last for ages.  
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer - Creamy, blendable and a great colour match.
  • No7 Contour and Blending Brush - as good as many high end blending brushes on the market and if you get them with a £5 No7 voucher, they cost about £2!!
  • ELF Shimmering Facial Whip (Lilac Petal) - I got this as a present from a lovely friend and I cannot believe that I hadn't tried it before.  I usually use Benefit High Beam, but when that runs out, I think I'll buy another ELF version.  It really is just as good, for a fraction of the price.  For £1.50 you can't grumble. The other bonus of the ELF Shimmering Facial Whip, is that it comes in a range of colours to suit all skin tones. Check them out here
  • VO5 Miracle Concentrate - This treatment oil is amazing for the price. I think I paid £2.50 for this little bottle of liquid gold.  A few drops are all that's required for smooth, frizz free hair.  It's a staple in my haircare routine now. 
  • Max Factor Miracle Touch Blush (Soft Pink) - I use this as a base to layer my blusher each day.  A little of this goes a long way and it also helps promote the longevity of any powder blusher choose to use afterwards.  You can of course wear it alone for a dewy finish.  
  • Revlon ColourStay - Favourite foundation ever. FACT!
  • OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil To Go - great handbag essential.  The pen applicator makes it very easy to apply on the go.  I use it while sat on the train in the mornings.  It also makes your nail varnish super shiny.  
  • No7 Extreme Length mascara - I think I got this from a little No7 freebie kit and threw it to one side without much investigation.  This mascara lengthens and separates perfectly.  I don't find it gives much volume. But I am fine with that. Now I've used up this sample size and I will repurchase - except for the fact I have a lot of mascara to try first. I will return to it though.  I really like the wand!
  • Borghese duo fiber blending brush - I use this brush to apply the Facial Whip and the cream blusher.  I think it's fabulous.  Plenty similar brushes like this out there on the market, so find one that suits.
  • Garnier Roll-On Anti Dark Circles - this product provides both treatment and immediate (light) coverage.  If you have really bad dark circles, you would probably still need to use a concealer.  But some days, I find this is adequate coverage for me.  
What are your daily staples? Or what have you been loving in August?  

4 comments:

  1. I love the VO5 oil it's definitely one of my daily staples. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great isn't it!? And so cheap!! Love it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely convinced to buy the Revlon color stay foundation!
    It's always better reading of somebody fav's, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's fab Alessia. I also like the way it comes as Oily/Combination and Normal/Dry. Something for everyone! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...