Saturday 31 December 2011

NYE NOTD: Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment


What do you do when you can't sleep? Read? Watch TV?  Just a touch before 5am this morning, I took this picture of my NYE manicure. Madness!

I usually don't like glittery nails,  but Chelsea Embankment from the recent Nail the Day TSV (classic gold glitter - no, really?) just spoke to me.  I'm coming down with something and I'm severely sleep deprived, so I think I can be excused a frivolous nail polish choice to end the year with.  

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much.  Often a good solid block of colour/glitter requires at least three to four coats to reach the desired look.  However, if I had been a little more precise with the application I could have easily managed with one.  Super dense and chock full of glitter particles: this maybe the best glitter polish I've ever owned.  

Thankfully it doesn't feel particularly gritty on the nails -  as that's a massive deal breaker for me!  It looks so eye catching and sparkly. I can't stop staring at it. I know I won't look forward to removing it though. Glitter polish is  notoriously difficult and time consuming to remove.  Still, I'm happy with it for this evening.

What will your NYE manicure be? Are you going to be "blinging" in the New Year like me,  or will you keep it classic?

1 comment:

  1. It's fabulous isn't it! I love it, I don't think I've even opened my TSV box yet.

    Your cuticles look fab!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...